[gpfsug-discuss] Am I a gateway or not?

John Hearns john.hearns at asml.com
Wed Dec 13 12:18:01 GMT 2017

Firstly, I hope everyone at the Manchester meeting is enjoying it and that the snow did not hamper too many travel plans.
I like Manchester - I shall tell the tale of blowing the 100Amp fuse in the University server room some other time.
(Yes - a fuse. Not a circuit breaker).

I am writing some monitoring scripts for AFM - actually to interface with Bright.
I would like the script to detect if the node which is running it is a Gateway node or has the AFM component.
If not, the script silently exits.
This is not a Callback script - I can write these and indeed have one for the AFM fileset demount event.

In order to determine which components are on a given node I could:

  1.  Run "mmhealth node show" and grep for AFM
  2.  Run mmlscluster and grep for $HOSTNAME

Both methods seem slightly inelegant. IS there a handy-dandy command I can run to see the components on this node?

John Hearns
-- The information contained in this communication and any attachments is confidential and may be privileged, and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. Unless explicitly stated otherwise in the body of this communication or the attachment thereto (if any), the information is provided on an AS-IS basis without any express or implied warranties or liabilities. To the extent you are relying on this information, you are doing so at your own risk. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. Neither the sender nor the company/group of companies he or she represents shall be liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication, or for any delay in its receipt.