[gpfsug-discuss] node lockups in gpfs > 4.1.1.14

Aaron Knister aaron.s.knister at nasa.gov
Mon Aug 14 22:53:35 BST 2017

I was remiss in not following up with this sooner and thank you to the
kind individual that shot me a direct message to ask the question.

It turns out that when I asked for the fix for APAR IV96776 I got an
early release of 4.1.1.16 that had a fix for the APAR but also
introduced the lockup bug. IBM kindly delayed the release of 4.1.1.16
proper until they had addressed the lockup bug (APAR IV98888).

As I understand it the version of 4.1.1.16 that was released via fix
central should have a fix for this bug although I haven't tested it I
have no reason to believe it's not fixed.

-Aaron