[gpfsug-discuss] RAID config for SSD's used for data

Luis Bolinches luis.bolinches at fi.ibm.com
Wed Apr 19 21:20:20 BST 2017

I assume you are making the joke of external LROC. But not sure I would use
external storage for LROC, as the whole point is to have really fast
storage as close to the node (L for local) as possible. Maybe those SSD
that will get replaced with the fancy external storage?

--
Cheers

> On 19 Apr 2017, at 23.13, Aaron Knister <aaron.s.knister at nasa.gov> wrote:
>

>> On 4/19/17 4:05 PM, Simon Thompson (IT Research Support) wrote:
>> By having many LUNs, you get many IO queues for Linux to play with. Also
the raid6 overhead can be quite significant, so it might be better to go
with raid1 anyway depending on the controller...

>> And if only gpfs had some sort of auto tier back up the pools for hot or
data caching :-)

> You mean like HAWC but for writes larger than 64K? ;-)
>
> Or I guess "HARC" as it might be called for a read cache...
>
> --
> Aaron Knister
> NASA Center for Climate Simulation (Code 606.2)
> Goddard Space Flight Center
> (301) 286-2776

Ellei edellä ole toisin mainittu: / Unless stated otherwise above:
Oy IBM Finland Ab
PL 265, 00101 Helsinki, Finland
Business ID, Y-tunnus: 0195876-3
Registered in Finland