[gpfsug-discuss] Can't delete filesystem

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Apr 5 17:54:16 BST 2017

On Wed, 05 Apr 2017 16:40:30 -0000, "Buterbaugh, Kevin L" said:
> So, I have gone to all of the 4 clients and none of them say they have it
> mounted according to either “df” or “mount”.  I’ve gone ahead and run both
> “mmunmount” and “umount -l” on the filesystem anyway, but the mmdelfs still
> fails saying that they have it mounted.

I've over the years seen this a few times. Doing an 'mmshutdown/mmstartup'
pair on the offending nodes has always cleared it up.  I probably should have
opened a PMR, but it always seems to happen when I'm up to <body parts> in
alligators with other issues.

(Am I the only person who wonders why all complex software packages contain
alligator-detector routines? :)