[gpfsug-discuss] HA on snapshot scheduling in GPFS GUI

Guillaume Mangeot g.mangeot at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 16:04:58 BST 2017

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to get the GUI working in HA to schedule snapshots.
I have 2 servers with gpfs.gui service running on them.

I checked a bit with lssnaprule in /usr/lpp/mmfs/gui/cli
and the file /var/lib/mmfs/gui/snapshots.json

But it doesn't look to be shared between all the GUI servers.

Is there a way to get GPFS GUI working in HA to schedule snapshots?
(keeping the coherency: avoiding to trigger snapshots on both servers in
the same time)

Regards,

Guillaume Mangeot
DDN Storage