[gpfsug-discuss] File_heat for GPFS File Systems

Andreas Landhäußer alandhae at gmx.de
Tue Sep 27 19:04:06 BST 2016

as far as I understand, if a file gets hot again, there is no rule for
putting the file back into a faster storage device?

We would like having something like a storage elevator depending on the
fileheat.

In our setup, customer likes to migrate/move data even when the the
threshold is not hit, just because it's cold and the price of the
storage is less.

--
Andreas Landhäußer                +49 151 12133027 (mobile)
alandhae at gmx.de