[gpfsug-discuss] Ubuntu client

Yaron Daniel YARD at il.ibm.com
Tue Sep 20 20:03:39 BST 2016

Hi

Check that kernel symbols are installed too

Regards

Yaron Daniel
 94 Em Ha'Moshavot Rd

Server, Storage and Data Services - Team Leader
 Petach Tiqva, 49527
Global Technology Services
 Israel
Phone:
+972-3-916-5672

Fax:
+972-3-916-5672

Mobile:
+972-52-8395593

e-mail:
yard at il.ibm.com

IBM Israel

From:   Stef Coene <stef.coene at docum.org>
To:     gpfsug main discussion list <gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org>
Date:   09/20/2016 08:43 PM
Subject:        [gpfsug-discuss] Ubuntu client
Sent by:        gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org

Hi,

I just installed 4.2.1 on 2 RHEL 7.2 servers without any issue.
But I also need 2 clients on Ubuntu 14.04.
I installed the GPFS client on the Ubuntu server and used mmbuildgpl to
build the required kernel modules.
ssh keys are exchanged between GPFS servers and the client.

But I can't add the node:
[root at gpfs01 ~]# mmaddnode -N client1
Tue Sep 20 19:40:09 CEST 2016: mmaddnode: Processing node client1
mmremote: The CCR environment could not be initialized on node client1.
mmaddnode: The CCR environment could not be initialized on node client1.
mmaddnode: mmaddnode quitting.  None of the specified nodes are valid.
mmaddnode: Command failed. Examine previous error messages to determine
cause.

I don't see any error in /var/mmfs on client and server.

What can I try to debug this error?

Stef