[gpfsug-discuss] gpfs snapshots

John T Olson jtolson at us.ibm.com
Tue Sep 13 22:47:02 BST 2016

We do have a general-purpose scheduler on the books as an item that is
needed for a future release and as Yuri mentioned it would be cluster wide
to avoid the single point of failure with tools like Cron.  However, it's
one of many things we want to try to get into the product and so we don't
have any definite timeline yet.

Thanks,

John

John T. Olson, Ph.D., MI.C., K.EY.
Master Inventor, Software Defined Storage
957/9032-1 Tucson, AZ, 85744
(520) 799-5185, tie 321-5185 (FAX: 520-799-4237)
Email: jtolson at us.ibm.com
"Do or do not.  There is no try." - Yoda

Olson's Razor:
Any situation that we, as humans, can encounter in life
can be modeled by either an episode of The Simpsons
or Seinfeld.