[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS Routers

Knister, Aaron S. (GSFC-606.2)[COMPUTER SCIENCE CORP] aaron.s.knister at nasa.gov
Sun Sep 11 22:02:48 BST 2016

Hi Everyone,

A while back I seem to recall hearing about a mechanism being developed that would function similarly to Lustre's LNET routers and effectively allow a single set of NSD servers to talk to multiple RDMA fabrics without requiring the NSD servers to have infiniband interfaces on each RDMA fabric. Rather, one would have a set of GPFS gateway nodes on each fabric that would in effect proxy the RDMA requests to the NSD server. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Just curious if it's still on the roadmap.

-Aaron