[gpfsug-discuss] CES node responding on system IP address

Sobey, Richard A r.sobey at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Sep 2 14:37:26 BST 2016

Hi all,

*Should* a CES node, 4.2.0 OR 4.2.1, be responding on its system IP address? The nodes in my cluster, seemingly randomly, either give me a list of shares, or prompt me to enter a username and password.

For example, Start > Run \\cesnode.fqdn<file://cesnode.fqdn> I get a prompt for a username and password.

If I add the system IP into my hosts file and call it clustername.fqdn it responds normally i.e. no prompt for username or password.

Should I be worried about the inconsistencies here?

Richard Sobey
Storage Area Network (SAN) Analyst
Technical Operations, ICT
Imperial College London