[gpfsug-discuss] Hardware refresh

Aaron Knister aaron.s.knister at nasa.gov
Wed Oct 12 00:57:38 BST 2016

I think I was a little quick to the trigger. I re-read your last mail
after doing some testing and understand it differently. I was wrong
about my interpretation-- you can add 4K NSDv2 formatted NSDs to a
filesystem previously created with NSDv1 NSDs assuming, as you say, the
minReleaseLevel and filesystem version are high enough. That negates
about half of my last e-mail. The fs still doesn't show as 4K aligned:

loressd01:~ # /usr/lpp/mmfs/bin/mmlsfs tnb4k --is4KAligned
flag                value                    description
  --is4KAligned      No                       is4KAligned?

but *shrug* most of the I/O to these disks should be 1MB anyway. If
somebody is pounding the FS with smaller than 4K I/O they're gonna get a
talkin' to.

-Aaron