[gpfsug-discuss] testing commands

Jez Tucker jtucker at pixitmedia.com
Tue Oct 4 21:37:42 BST 2016

Hi

   So we were chatting a while ago about dry-run requirements, but more
with respect to mmapplypolicy.
For relevance to those on the list who run our Python API, you'll find
dry-run functionality here:

http://arcapix.com/gpfsapi/execute.html#dry-run

Cheers,

Jez

On 04/10/16 18:04, Brian Marshall wrote:
> All,
>
> Is there a way to "test" GPFS commands and see what the output or
> result would be before running them?  For example, I'd like to verify
> a command string before actually running it on a production system.
>
> Does IBM offer "test" licenses for setting up a small debug/devel
> environment?
>
> I'd be interested to hear everyone's best practices on verifying
> commands/actions.
>

> Thanks,
> Brian

Jez Tucker
Head of Research & Product Development
Pixit Media | ArcaStream
www.pixitmedia.com <http://www.pixitmedia.com>
www.arcastream.com <http://www.arcastream.com>

--

This email is confidential in that it is intended for the exclusive
attention of the addressee(s) indicated. If you are not the intended