[gpfsug-discuss] Disk can't be recovered due to uncorrectable read error in vdisk (GSS)

Kenneth Waegeman kenneth.waegeman at ugent.be
Mon Oct 17 16:16:05 BST 2016

Hi,

Currently our file system is down due to down/unrecovered disks. We try
to start the disks again with mmchdisk, but when we do this, we see this
error in our mmfs.log:

Mon Oct 17 15:28:18.122 2016: [E] smallRead VIO failed due to
uncorrectable read error in vdisk nsd11_MetaData_8M_3p_2 vtrack 33630
vsector 34437120 number of vsectors 1024 segments 0 to 16 startBufOffset
0 endB
ufOffset 1023 vtrkOffset 0 vioLen 524288

This is a 3-way replicated vdisk, and not one of the recovering disks,
but this disk is in 'up' state..

Does someone has a clue what we could to recover our fs?

Thanks!

Kenneth