[gpfsug-discuss] NEW DEPARTMENT/NEW POST: Head of Research Computing at the Oxford Big Data Institute

Robert Esnouf robert at strubi.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 10 14:21:30 BST 2016

Dear All,

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PASS THIS EMAIL ON TO OTHER RELEVANT MAILING LISTS AND ANYONE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED

The University of Oxford Big Data Institute is looking for a highly skilled research computing manager to establish a significant computing capability in Oxford over the next few years. The job advertisement can be found here:

http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/AUT085/head-of-bdi-research-computing/

The post is not just traditional HPC as it involves creating a large infrastructure for distributed, collaborative processing of sensitive data.

If anyone wants an informal chat about how this role could develop then please drop me an email and I'll try to help.

Regards,
Robert

--

Dr. Robert Esnouf,

University Research Lecturer,
Head of Research Computing Core,
NDM Research Computing Strategy Officer

Room 10/028, Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics,
Old Road Campus, Roosevelt Drive, Oxford OX3 7BN, UK

Email: robert at strubi.ox.ac.uk / robert at well.ox.ac.uk
Tel:   (+44) - 1865 - 287783