[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS Upgrade 3.5 -> 4.1

Peter Childs p.childs at qmul.ac.uk
Mon Oct 10 13:32:26 BST 2016

We are finishing upgrading our GPFS cluster of around 250 (client) nodes from GPFS 3.5.0.31 to Spectrum Scale 4.1.1.8, and have just about upgraded all the computers.

We are looking at running the "mmchfs -V LATEST" step and where wondering how much io this takes and if it was likely to interrupt service?

We are looking at upgrading to 4.2 but plan to do that via Multi-cluster and AFM as we are integrating new hardware and wish to increase the block and inode size at the same time.

Peter Childs
Research Storage Expert
ITS Research Infrastructure
Queen Mary, University of London