[gpfsug-discuss] GSS 3.0 (GPFS 4.2.1) upgrade experiences?

Mats Kronberg kronberg at nsc.liu.se
Tue Oct 4 16:43:51 BST 2016

Hi,

We are in the planning phase for upgrading our GSS system from GSS 2.0.7
(GPFS 4.1.0-8) to something more recent.

Lenovo recommends going directly to the recently released GSS 3.0 (GPFS
4.2.1-0, released late September 2016). I'm inclined to agree with them,
but the conservative, let-others-betatest-stuff part of me is suggesting
something a little more mature like GSS 2.5.9 (GPFS 4.1.1-2, released
late-2015).

Has anyone got any success or horror stories to share regarding either of
these releases? :)

--
Mats Kronberg, Systems Expert
NSC, National Supercomputer Centre