[gpfsug-discuss] multipath.conf for EMC V-max

Matt Weil mweil at wustl.edu
Tue Nov 15 17:18:50 GMT 2016

http://www.emc.com/collateral/TechnicalDocument/docu5128.pdf

page 219

this is the default in rhel.

    device {
        vendor "EMC"
        product "SYMMETRIX"
        path_grouping_policy multibus
        getuid_callout "/lib/udev/scsi_id --page=pre-spc3-83 --whitelisted --device=/dev/%n"
        path_selector "round-robin 0"
        path_checker tur
        features "0"
        hardware_handler "0"
        prio const
        rr_weight uniform
        no_path_retry 6
        rr_min_io 1000
        rr_min_io_rq 1
    }

my defaults

defaults {
 user_friendly_names yes
 find_multipaths yes
 udev_dir  /dev
 polling_interval  60
 path_grouping_policy multibus
 path_checker  readsector0
 rr_min_io_rq  100
 rr_weight  priorities
 failback  immediate
 max_fds max
 features     "0"
}

run multipathd show config to see the defaults.

On 11/15/16 10:59 AM, Wahl, Edward wrote:
Hey Jason if you want to get me an lsscsi output I can probably whip up a multi-path.conf block for your customer or talk to them on the phone if you like.

Ed