[gpfsug-discuss] SS 4.2.1 + CES NFS / SMB

Chetan R Kulkarni chetkulk at in.ibm.com
Tue Nov 15 06:00:41 GMT 2016

>> Summary / Question:
>> Can anybody explain why I do not see userID / Group names when  viewing
>> via a NFS4 client and ideally how to fix this.

This is not supported by Spectrum Scale (i.e. NFSv4 mount/access on AIX
clients with AD+RFC2307 file authentication).

Reason being AIX client integrates with AD like LDAP i.e. AIX client can't
resolve the user in format "DOMAIN\user".
NFSv4 server returns user in "DOMAIN\user" format and as AIX client doesn't
understand "DOMAIN\user"; it translates to "nobody". Hence you see "nobody"
under AIX NFSv4 mount.

Please note that; with RHEL clients we see correct ownership under NFSv4
mounts. This is because RHEL clients integrate with AD as pure AD client
(using winbind or SSSD) i.e. users resolve successfully in "DOMAIN\user"
format on RHEL clients.

Thanks,
Chetan.