[gpfsug-discuss] HAWC and LROC

Olaf Weiser olaf.weiser at de.ibm.com
Sat Nov 5 13:39:58 GMT 2016

You can use both -HAWC ,LROC- on the same node... but you need dedicated ,independent ,block devices ...
In addition for hawc, you could consider replication and use 2 devices, even across 2 nodes. ...

Gesendet von IBM Verse

   leslie elliott --- [gpfsug-discuss] HAWC and LROC ---
    Von:"leslie elliott" <leslie.james.elliott at gmail.com>An:"gpfsug main discussion list" <gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org>Datum:Sa. 05.11.2016 02:09Betreff:[gpfsug-discuss] HAWC and LROC

     Hi I am curious if anyone has run these together on a client and whether it helped

       If we wanted to have these functions out at the client to optimise compute IO in a couple of special cases

       can both exist at the same time on the same nonvolatile hardware or do the two functions need independent devices

       and what would be the process to disestablish them on the clients as the requirement was satisfied

       thanks

       leslie