[gpfsug-discuss] New UG Subscriber

Sam Guest samuel.guest at noaa.gov
Tue May 17 18:31:11 BST 2016

Our organization is implementing a ESS/GPFS integrated solution via RedHat 7
on Power8 and IBM DCS3700 hardware to support the Comprehensive Large
Array-data Stewardship System (CLASS) for NOAA.gov. The ESS/GPFS solution
will be replacing a legacy shared file system solution from another storage
vendor. Our office is located in the Washington, DC metro area. The CLASS
application is expected to process over 500k files and approximately 30 TB
of data per day in the near future. I am new to the ESS/GPFS environment and
have an extensive background as a AIX and UNIX systems administrator. I am
excited to have the opportunity to be a part of such a dynamic technology
and look forward to learning, sharing, and networking with the group.

Sincerely,

Sam Guest, NOAA Affiliate
Systems Engineer
CSRA, DGP Team
NESDIS/OSD/GSD/CLASS
7855 Walker Drive, Suite 200, Greenbelt, MD 20770
Desk: 240-542-1117 Cell : 301-706-1168 Fax : 301-474-4074