[gpfsug-discuss] CNFS and multiple IP addresses

Buterbaugh, Kevin L Kevin.Buterbaugh at Vanderbilt.Edu
Tue May 3 21:20:15 BST 2016

Hi All,

I’ve looked in the documentation and on the GPFS Wiki for the answer to this question but haven’t found it.  Please feel free to point me to docs / web pages if I’ve missed something.

One of the GPFS clusters I administer uses CNFS, which I did not set up on this cluster … and the person who did is now an employee of another organization.  The cluster in question runs GPFS 4.1.0.x, although I doubt that matters.

There are 4 CNFS servers, each of which has 2 IP addresses listed under the CNFS IP address list when running “mmlscluster —cnfs”.  I want to delete one of those two IP addresses for each server due to a planned network reorganization.  How do I do that?  Or do I need to completely delete the server from CNFS and add it back in with just the one IP address I want to keep?

Thanks in advance…

—
Kevin Buterbaugh - Senior System Administrator
Vanderbilt University - Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education
Kevin.Buterbaugh at vanderbilt.edu<mailto:Kevin.Buterbaugh at vanderbilt.edu> - (615)875-9633