[gpfsug-discuss] 4.2 installer

Oesterlin, Robert Robert.Oesterlin at nuance.com
Wed Mar 16 17:40:42 GMT 2016

My first suggestion is: Don’t deploy the CES nodes manually – way to many package dependencies. Get those setup right and the installer does a good job.

If you go through and define your cluster nodes to the installer, you can do a GPFS upgrade that way. I’ve run into some issues, especially with clone OS versions of RedHat. (ie, CentOS) It doesn’t give you a whole lot of control over what it does – give it a ty and it may work well for you. But run it in a test cluster first or on a limited set of nodes.

Bob Oesterlin
Sr Storage Engineer, Nuance HPC Grid
507-269-0413