[gpfsug-discuss] 4.2 installer

Simon Thompson (Research Computing - IT Services) S.J.Thompson at bham.ac.uk
Wed Mar 16 17:20:11 GMT 2016

Does the installer manage to make the rpm kernel layer ok on clone oses?

Last time I tried mmmakegpl, it falls over as I don't run RedHat enterprise...

(I must admit I haven't used the installer, but be have config management recipes to install and upgrade).

Simon
From: gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org [gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org] on behalf of Oesterlin, Robert [Robert.Oesterlin at nuance.com]
Sent: 16 March 2016 17:15
To: gpfsug main discussion list
Subject: Re: [gpfsug-discuss] 4.2 installer

Hi Matt

I’ve done a fair amount of work (testing) with the installer. It’s great if you want to install a new cluster, not so much if you have one setup. You’ll need to manually define everything. Be careful tho – do some test runs to verify what it will really do. I’ve found the installer doing a good job in upgrading my CES nodes, but I’ve opted to manually upgrade my NSD server nodes.

Bob Oesterlin
Sr Storage Engineer, Nuance HPC Grid