[gpfsug-discuss] Perfileset df explanation

Sobey, Richard A r.sobey at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Mar 16 16:24:49 GMT 2016

Ah, I see, thanks for that.

From: gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org [mailto:gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org] On Behalf Of Jan-Frode Myklebust
Sent: 16 March 2016 16:13
To: gpfsug main discussion list <gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org>
Subject: Re: [gpfsug-discuss] Perfileset df explanation

If you have a fileset quota, 'df' will report the size of the fileset as the max quota defined, and usage as how much of the quota you have used.

-jf

ons. 16. mar. 2016 kl. 17.03 skrev Sobey, Richard A <r.sobey at imperial.ac.uk<mailto:r.sobey at imperial.ac.uk>>:
All,

Can someone explain that this means? ::

--filesetdf
Displays a yes or no value indicating whether filesetdf is enabled; if yes, the mmdf command reports numbers based on the quotas for the fileset and not for the total file system.

What this means, as in the output I would expect to see from mmdf with this option set to Yes, and No?  I don’t think it’s supposed to give any indication of over-provision and cursory tests suggest it doesn’t.

Thanks

Richard