[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS(snapshot, backup) vs. GPFS(backup scripts) vs. TSM(backup)

Marc A Kaplan makaplan at us.ibm.com
Thu Mar 10 14:46:12 GMT 2016

Jaime,
  Thanks for the positive feedback and success story on mmbackup.  We need
criticism to keep improving the product - but we also need encouragement
to know we are heading in the right direction and making progress.   BTW -
(depending on many factors) you may be able to save some significant
backup time by running over multiple nodes with the -N option.

--marc.  (I am Mr. mmapplypolicy and work with Mr. mmbackup.)