[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS+TSM+HSM: migration via GPFS policy scripts

Chris Scott chrisjscott at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 19:10:25 GMT 2016

To add a customer data point, I followed that guide using GPFS 3.4 and TSM
6.4 with HSM and it's been working perfectly since then. I was even able to
remove dsmscoutd online, node-at-a-time back when I made the transition.
The performance change was revolutionary and so is the file selection.

We have large filesystems with millions of files, changing often, that TSM
incremental scan wouldn't cope with and Spectrum Scale 4.1.1 and Spectrum
Protect 7.1.3 using mmbackup as described in the SS 4.1.1 manual, creating
a snapshot for mmbackup also works perfectly for backup.

Cheers
Chris