[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS+TSM+HSM: migration via GPFS policy scripts

Dominic Mueller-Wicke01 dominic.mueller at de.ibm.com
Tue Mar 8 17:45:42 GMT 2016

Hi,

please have a look at this document:
It describe the how-to setup and provides some hints and tips for migration
policies.

Greetings, Dominic.

Dominic Mueller-Wicke | IBM Spectrum Protect Development | Technical Lead |
+49 7034 64 32794 | dominic.mueller at de.ibm.com

Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz; Geschäftsführung: Dirk
Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen; Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart,
HRB 243294

For the new Spectrum Suite of products, are there specific references
with examples on how to set up gpfs policy rules to integrate TSM so
substantially improve the migration performance of HSM?

The reason I ask is because I've been reading manuals with 200+ pages
where it's very clear this is possible to be accomplished, by builtin
lists and feeding those to TSM, however some of the examples and rules
are presented out of context, and not integrated onto a single
self-contained document. The GPFS past has it own set of manuals, but
so do TSM and HSM.

For those of you already doing it, what has been your experience, what
are the tricks (where can I read about them), how the addition of
multiple nodes to the working pool is performing?

Thanks
Jaime

---
Jaime Pinto
SciNet HPC Consortium  - Compute/Calcul Canada
www.scinet.utoronto.ca - www.computecanada.org
University of Toronto
256 McCaul Street, Room 235
Toronto, ON, M5T1W5