[gpfsug-discuss] Niggles in the 4.2.0 Install

Sean Killen s.m.killen at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Mar 11 13:19:41 GMT 2016

Hi all,

So I have finally got my SpectrumScale system installed (well half of
it).  But it wasn't without some niggles.

We have purchased DELL MD3860i disk trays with dual controllers (each
with 2x 10Gbit NICs), to Linux this appears as 4 paths, I spent quite a
while getting a nice multipath setup in place with 'friendly' names set

/dev/mapper/ssd1_1
/dev/mapper/t1d1_1
/dev/mapper/t2d1_1

etc, to represent the different tiers/disks/luns.

We used the install toolkit and added all the NSDs with the friendly
names and it all checked out and verified........ UNTIL we tried to
install/deploy!  At which point it said, no valid devices in
/proc/partitions (I need to use the unfriendly /dev/dm-X name instead) -
did I miss something in the toolkit, or is something that needs to be
resolved, surely it should have told me when I added the first of the 36
NSDs rather that at the install stage when I then need to correct 36 errors.

Secondly, I have installed the GUI, it is constantly complaining of a
'Critical' event MS0297 - Connection failed to node. Wrong Credentials.
 But all nodes can connect to each other via SSH without passwords.
Anyone know how to clear and fix this error; I cannot find anything in
the docs!

Thanks

-- Sean
    Dr Sean M Killen