[gpfsug-discuss] restful way to get at SS OBJ store

Mark.Bush at siriuscom.com Mark.Bush at siriuscom.com
Thu Jun 30 15:48:00 BST 2016

Thanks to Jan-Frode and Jez.  I will use the import swiftclient mechanism for this.

From: Jez Tucker <jtucker at pixitmedia.com>
Date: Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 9:33 AM
To: gpfsug main discussion list <gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org>
Subject: Re: [gpfsug-discuss] restful way to get at SS OBJ store

Hi

  Depending what your endpoint object store type is...

https://github.com/openstack/python-swiftclient
http://boto.cloudhackers.com/en/latest/

Though, I highly recommend:

https://libcloud.apache.org/
I.E. http://libcloud.readthedocs.io/en/latest/storage/examples.html

Best,

Jez

On 30/06/16 15:01, Mark.Bush at siriuscom.com<mailto:Mark.Bush at siriuscom.com> wrote:
I know in the trial VM it recommends using CyberDuck to get to the object side of scale.  Does anyone have a programmatic example of doing this?  Python would be preferred here.

Mark R. Bush | Solutions Architect
Mobile: 210.237.8415 | mark.bush at siriuscom.com<mailto:mark.bush at siriuscom.com>
Sirius Computer Solutions | www.siriuscom.com<http://www.siriuscom.com>
10100 Reunion Place, Suite 500, San Antonio, TX 78216

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. This message may be viewed by parties at Sirius Computer Solutions other than those named in the message header. This message does not contain an official representation of Sirius Computer Solutions. If you have received this communication in error, notify Sirius Computer Solutions immediately and (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message immediately if this is an electronic communication. Thank you.
Sirius Computer Solutions<http://www.siriuscom.com>

gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org

Jez Tucker
Head of Research & Development
Pixit Media / ArcaStream
www.pixitmedia.com<http://www.pixitmedia.com>
www.arcastream.com<http://www.arcastream.com>

[http://pixitmedia.com/sig/sig-cio.jpg]
This email is confidential in that it is intended for the exclusive attention of the addressee(s) indicated. If you are not the intended recipient, this email should not be read or disclosed to any other person. Please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your computer system. Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the company from which this email was sent and, whilst to the best of our knowledge no viruses or defects exist, no responsibility can be accepted for any loss or damage arising from its receipt or subsequent use of this email.