[gpfsug-discuss] Dry-Run functionality ?

Marc A Kaplan makaplan at us.ibm.com
Mon Jun 27 18:35:33 BST 2016

What I always recommend is to make a directory of test cases and run

mmapplypolicy /gpfs-path/test-cases -I test (or -I yes if you want to try
operating on the test files) -L 2 (or -L 6 or something in between)  -P
policy-rules [other-options]

Because as I think you're saying

mmapplypolicy gpfs-fsname -I test ...

Can consume a lot of compute and IO resource, just scanning the metadata.