[gpfsug-discuss] QoS question

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Wed Jun 15 06:54:54 BST 2016

XFS on Irix had a feature similar to QoS, called GRIO (guaranteed rate
I/O), where applications could reserve a given bandwidth.

http://www.sgistuff.net/software/irixintro/documents/xfs-whitepaper.html

Sounds somewhat similar to QoS, but focused on giving applications
guaranteed bandwidth, not iops.

-jf