[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS Tuning Wiki Page

Buterbaugh, Kevin L Kevin.Buterbaugh at Vanderbilt.Edu
Wed Jun 8 15:50:10 BST 2016

Hi All,

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/General%20Parallel%20File%20System%20(GPFS)/page/Linux%20Tuning

The above Wiki page describes itself as "GPFS network tuning parameters for large clusters on Linux.”  How does GPFS multi-cluster play into this equation?

For example, we’ve got a ~700 node traditional HPC cluster where these parameters would obviously come into play.

But we’ve also got another 9 node GPFS cluster that is mainly accessed via CNFS and CIFS from labs around campus.  However, it’s filesystem is also natively GPFS mounted on the HPC cluster via GPFS multi-cluster.   Do I therefore need to apply the tuning referenced in the Wiki page above to the 9 node cluster?

Thanks…

—
Kevin Buterbaugh - Senior System Administrator
Vanderbilt University - Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education
Kevin.Buterbaugh at vanderbilt.edu<mailto:Kevin.Buterbaugh at vanderbilt.edu> - (615)875-9633