[gpfsug-discuss] SSD LUN setup

Brian Marshall mimarsh2 at vt.edu
Sun Jul 17 15:21:13 BST 2016

That's very good advice.  In my specific case, I am looking at lowlevel
setup of the NSDs in a SSD storage pool with metadata stored elsewhere (on
another SSD system).  I am wondering if stuff like SSD pagepool size comes
into play or if I just look at the segment size from the storage enclosure
RAID controller.

It sounds like SSDs should be used just like HDDs: group them into RAID6
LUNs.  Write endurance is good enough now that longevity is not a problem
and there are plenty of IOPs to do parity work.  Does this sound right?
Anyone doing anything else?

Brian