[gpfsug-discuss] migrating data from GPFS3.5 to ESS appliance(GPFS4.1)

Stijn De Weirdt stijn.deweirdt at ugent.be
Sat Jan 30 07:07:12 GMT 2016

we wrapped something base on zookeeper around rsync to be able to use
rsync in parallel by splitting the path in subdirectories, and
distribute those
https://github.com/hpcugent/vsc-zk

works really well if the number of files in directories is somewhat
balanced. we use it to rsync some gpfs filesystems (200TB, 100M inodes ;)

stijn