[gpfsug-discuss] weird issue when issuing mm commands

Yuri L Volobuev volobuev at us.ibm.com
Tue Jan 12 19:24:18 GMT 2016

GPFS code determines the current OS by looking at the output of "uname -s".
On a regular Linux node, this command returns "Linux", so check whether you
see the same, when the command is run locally on the node and through an
ssh session.  Since mmaddnode has to do some remote processing, make sure
ssh works as expected, in particular in the locale setting area.

yuri