[gpfsug-discuss] weird issue when issuing mm commands

Damir Krstic damir.krstic at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 14:15:37 GMT 2016

I have just deployed a GPU node in our HPC environment and I am having
couple of weird issues when trying to add it to our GPFS cluster. mmaddnode
command from NSD server returns with: unknown os

mmgetstate on the node itself returns with unknown os

I think I've traced it down to locale issue but reinstalling glibc-common
and making sure that /etc/sysconfig/i18n files are in place and OK does not
seem to fix the issue. This is on RedHat 6.6

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Damir