[gpfsug-discuss] question about remote cluster mounting

Yuri L Volobuev volobuev at us.ibm.com
Wed Feb 17 22:54:36 GMT 2016

The authentication scheme used for GPFS multi-clustering is similar to what
other frameworks (e.g. ssh) do for private/public auth: each cluster has a
private key and a public key.  The key pair only needs to be generated once
(unless you want to periodically regenerate it for higher security; this is
different from enabling authentication for the very first time and can be
done without downtime).  The public key can then be exchanged with multiple
remote clusters.

yuri