[gpfsug-discuss] translating /dev device into nsd name

Jez Tucker jtucker at pixitmedia.com
Sat Dec 17 08:35:05 GMT 2016

Hi Aaron

   An alternative method for you is:

from arcapix.fs.gpfs import Nsds

 >>> from arcapix.fs.gpfs import Nsds
 >>> nsd = Nsds()
 >>> for n in nsd.values():
...     print n.device, n.id
/gpfsblock/mmfs1-md1 md3200_001_L000
/gpfsblock/mmfs1-md2 md3200_001_L001
/gpfsblock/mmfs1-data1 md3200_001_L002
/gpfsblock/mmfs1-data2 md3200_001_L003
/gpfsblock/mmfs1-data3 md3200_001_L004
/gpfsblock/mmfs2-md1 md3200_002_L000

Ref: http://arcapix.com/gpfsapi/nsds.html

Obviously you can filter a specific device by the usual Pythonic string
comparators.

Jez

On 17/12/16 07:04, Luis Bolinches wrote:
> Hi
> THe ts* is a good fear, they are internal commands bla bla bla you
> know that
> Have you tried mmlsnsd -X
>
> --
> Ystävällisin terveisin / Kind regards / Saludos cordiales / Salutations
>
> Luis Bolinches
> Lab Services
> http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/services/labservices/
>
> IBM Laajalahdentie 23 (main Entrance) Helsinki, 00330 Finland
> Phone: +358 503112585
>
> "If you continually give you will continually have." Anonymous

*Jez Tucker*
VP of Research and Development, ArcaStream
jtucker at arcastream.com
www.arcastream.com <http://www.arcastream.com> | Tw:@arcastream.com

--
 <http://pixitmedia.com>
This email is confidential in that it is intended for the exclusive