[gpfsug-discuss] rpldisk vs deldisk & adddisk

Matt Weil mweil at wustl.edu
Thu Dec 1 20:28:36 GMT 2016

I always suspend the disk then use mmrestripefs -m to remove the data.  Then delete the disk with mmdeldisk.

         ‐m
                  Migrates all critical data off of any suspended
                  disk in this file system. Critical data is all
                  data that would be lost if currently suspended
                  disks were removed.

Can do multiple that why and us the entire cluster to move data if you want.