[gpfsug-discuss] searching for mmcp or mmcopy - optimized bulk copy for spectrum scale?

Heiner Billich Heiner.Billich at psi.ch
Mon Dec 5 10:26:47 GMT 2016

Hello,

I heard about some gpfs optimized bulk(?) copy command  named 'mmcp' or
'mmcopy' but couldn't find it in either /user/lpp/mmfs/samples/ or by
asking google. Can please somebody point me to the source? I wonder
whether it  allows incremental copies as rsync does.

We need to copy a few 100TB of data and simple rsync provides just about
100MB/s. I know about the possible workarounds - write a wrapper script,
run several rsyncs in parallel, distribute the rsync jobs on several
nodes, use a special rsync versions that knows about gpfs ACLs, ... or
try mmfind, which requires me to write a custom wrapper for cp ....

I really would prefer some ready-to-use script or program.

Thank you and kind regards,
Heiner Billich