[gpfsug-discuss] Data Replication

Brian Marshall mimarsh2 at vt.edu
Wed Aug 31 19:01:45 BST 2016

Daniel,

So here's my use case:  I have a Sandisk IF150 (branded as DeepFlash
recently) with 128TB of flash acting as a "fast tier" storage pool in our
HPC scratch file system.  Can I set the filesystem replication level to 1
then write a policy engine rule to send small and/or recent files to the
IF150 with a replication of 2?

Any other comments on the proposed usage strategy are helpful.

Thank you,
Brian Marshall