[gpfsug-discuss] CES mmsmb options

Simon Thompson (Research Computing - IT Services) S.J.Thompson at bham.ac.uk
Mon Aug 29 20:37:13 BST 2016

Hi Richard,

You can of course change any of the other options with the "net conf" (/usr/lpp/mmfs/bin/net conf) command. As its just stored in the Samba registry. Of course whether or not you end up with a supported configuration is a different matter...

When we first rolled out CES/SMB, there were a number of issues with setting it up in the way we needed for our environment (AD for auth, LDAP for identity) which at the time wasn't available through the config tools. I believe this has now changed though I haven't gone back and "reset" our configs.

Simon
________________________________
From: gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org [gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org] on behalf of Sobey, Richard A [r.sobey at imperial.ac.uk]
Sent: 22 August 2016 14:28
To: 'gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org'
Subject: [gpfsug-discuss] CES mmsmb options

Related to my previous question in so far as it’s to do with CES, what’s this all about:

[root at ces]# mmsmb config change --key-info supported

Supported smb options with allowed values:
gpfs:dfreequota                = yes, no
restrict anonymous             = 0, 2
server string                  = any

mmsmb config list shows many more options. Are they static… for example log size / location / dmapi support? I’m surely missing something obvious.

It’s SS 4.2.0 btw.

Thanks

Richard