[gpfsug-discuss] Cannot stop SMB... stop NFS first?

Christof Schmitt christof.schmitt at us.ibm.com
Fri Aug 26 17:29:31 BST 2016

That would be the case when Active Directory is configured for
authentication. In that case the SMB service includes two aspects: One is
the actual SMB file server, and the second one is the service for the
Active Directory integration. Since NFS depends on authentication and id
mapping services, it requires SMB to be running.

Regards,

Christof Schmitt || IBM || Spectrum Scale Development || Tucson, AZ
christof.schmitt at us.ibm.com  ||  +1-520-799-2469    (T/L: 321-2469)