[gpfsug-discuss] quota on secondary groups for a user?

Buterbaugh, Kevin L Kevin.Buterbaugh at Vanderbilt.Edu
Wed Aug 3 20:18:11 BST 2016

JAB,

Our scratch filesystem uses user and group quotas.  It started out as a traditional scratch filesystem but then we decided (for better or worse) to allow groups to purchase quota on it (and we don’t purge it, as many sites do).

We have many users in multiple groups, so if this is not working right it’s a potential issue for us.  But you’re right, I’m a nobody…

Kevin