[gpfsug-discuss] Cannot stop SMB... stop NFS first?

Sobey, Richard A r.sobey at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Aug 26 09:48:24 BST 2016

Sorry all, prepare for a deluge of emails like this, hopefully it'll help other people implementing CES in the future.

I'm trying to stop SMB on a node, but getting the following output:

[root at cesnode ~]# mmces service stop smb
smb: Request denied. Please stop NFS first

[root at cesnode ~]# mmces service list
Enabled services: SMB
SMB is running

As you can see there is no way to stop NFS when it's not running but it seems to be blocking me. It's happening on all the nodes in the cluster.

SS version is 4.2.0 running on a fully up to date RHEL 7.1 server.

Richard