[gpfsug-discuss] CES and mmuserauth command

Sobey, Richard A r.sobey at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Aug 22 12:59:16 BST 2016

Hi all,

We're just about to start testing a new CES 4.2.0 cluster and at the stage of "joining" the cluster to our AD. What's the bare minimum we need to get going with this? My Windows guy (who is more Linux but whatever) has suggested the following:

mmuserauth service create --type ad --data-access-method file
--netbios-name store --user-name USERNAME --password
--enable-nfs-kerberos --enable-kerberos
--servers list,of,servers
--idmap-range-size 1000000 --idmap-range 3000000 - 3500000 --unixmap-domains 'DOMAIN(500 - 2000000)'

He has also asked what the following is:

--idmap-role ???
--idmap-range-size ??

All our LDAP GID/UIDs are coming from a system outside of GPFS so do we leave this blank, or say master Or, now I've re-read and mmuserauth page, is this purely for when you have AFM relationships and one GPFS cluster (the subordinate / the second cluster) gets its UIDs and GIDs from another GPFS cluster (the master / the first one)?

For idmap-range-size is this essentially the highest number of users and groups you can have defined within Spectrum Scale? (I love how I'm using GPFS and SS interchangeably.. forgive me!)

Many thanks

Richard

Richard Sobey
Storage Area Network (SAN) Analyst