[gpfsug-discuss] Migrate 3.5 to 4.2 and LTFSEE to Spectrum Archive

Shaun Anderson SAnderson at convergeone.com
Wed Aug 17 22:11:25 BST 2016

?I am in process of migrating from 3.5 to 4.2 and LTFSEE to Spectrum Archive.

1 node cluster (currently) connected to V3700 storage and TS4500 backend.
We have upgraded their 2nd node to 4.2 and have successfully tested joining the domain, created smb shares, and validated their ability to access and control permissions on those shares.
They are using .tdb backend for id mapping on their current server.

I'm looking to discuss with someone the best method of migrating those tdb databases to the second server, or understand how Spectrum Scale does id mapping and where it stores that information.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

SHAUN ANDERSON
STORAGE ARCHITECT
O 208.577.2112
M 214.263.7014
[sig]
[RH_CertifiedSysAdmin_CMYK]    [Linux on IBM Power Systems - Sales 2016]    [IBM Spectrum Storage - Sales 2016]

NOTICE:  This email message and any attachments here to may contain confidential
information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution of such
information is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact
the sender by reply email and destroy the original message and all copies of it.