[gpfsug-discuss] Dell Multipath

Edward Wahl ewahl at osc.edu
Mon Apr 25 21:48:07 BST 2016

Sounds like too wide of a blacklist.   Have you specifically added the MD
devices to the blacklist_exceptions?   What does the overall blacklist and
blacklist_exceptions look like?   A quick 'lsscsi' should give you the
vendor/product to stick into the blacklist_exception.

Wildcards work with quotes there, as well if you have multiple similar but not
exact enclosures.

eg:  "IBM      1818      FAStT"  can become:
        device {
                vendor "IBM"
                product "1818*"
        }
or Dell MD*, etc.

If you have issues with things working in the interactive mode or debug
mode (which usually turns out to be a timing problem) run a "multipath -v3" and
check the output.  It will normally tell you exactly why each disk device is
being skipped.  Things like "device node name blacklisted" or whitelisted.

Ed Wahl
OSC

--

Ed Wahl