[gpfsug-discuss] Extended attributes and ACLs with AFM-based "NFS migration"

Venkateswara R Puvvada vpuvvada at in.ibm.com
Tue Apr 19 07:01:07 BST 2016

Hi,

AFM usually logs the following message at gateway node if it cannot open
control file to read ACLs/EAs.

               AFM: Cannot find control file for file system <FS> fileset
<Fileset> in the exported file system at home.
               ACLs and extended attributes will not be synchronized.
Sparse files will have zeros written for holes.

If the above message didn't not appear in logs and  if AFM failed to bring
ACLs, this may be a defect. Please open PMR with supporting traces to
debug this issue further. Thanks.

Regards,
Venkat
Venkateswara R Puvvada/India/IBM at IBMIN
vpuvvada at in.ibm.com