[gpfsug-discuss] backup and disaster recovery solutions

Jez Tucker jez.tucker at gpfsug.org
Mon Apr 11 17:01:37 BST 2016

Yes, but since the dsmrootd in 6.3.4+ removal be aware that several
commands now require sudo:

jtucker at tsm-demo-01:~$ dsmls /mmfs1/afile
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Space Management Client Interface
   Client Version 7, Release 1, Level 4.4
   Client date/time: 11/04/16   16:58:18
(c) Copyright by IBM Corporation and other(s) 1990, 2016. All Rights
Reserved.

     ActS         ResS         ResB   FSt    FName
ANS9505E dsmls: cannot initialize the DMAPI interface. Reason: Operation
not permitted

jtucker at tsm-demo-01:~$ sudo dsmls /mmfs1/afile
[sudo] password for jtucker:
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Space Management Client Interface
   Client Version 7, Release 1, Level 4.4
   Client date/time: 11/04/16   16:58:25
(c) Copyright by IBM Corporation and other(s) 1990, 2016. All Rights
Reserved.

     ActS         ResS         ResB   FSt    FName
            8            8            0   p      afile

Though, yes, a straight cat of the file as an unpriv user works fine.

Jez